Tenaris provides a complete range of tubular products for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications. All of our manufacturing facilities share a unified global quality policy and have ISO 9001 certification.
Tenaris manufactures a complete range of seamless and welded steel tubular products.
Seamless pipe manufacturing
Our seamless pipe manufacturing process involves the following steps:
- Transformation of raw materials into steel bars (Electric arc furnace, ladle furnace, vacuum degassing and continuous casting processes)
- Transformation of steel bars into mother pipe, which is manufactured in different types of rolling mills
Each product is manufactured in accordance with customer specifications, including heat treatment for more demanding applications. Our pipes are threaded and undergo non-destructive testing before delivery to the customer.
We also offer cold-drawing for pipes with the diameter and wall thickness required for use in boilers, superheaters, condensers, heat exchangers, automobile production and several other industrial applications.
Our seamless pipe production facilities are located in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Welded pipe manufacturing
Our manufacturing facilities perform three types of welding processes:
- Electric Resistance Welding: During ERW, a high frequency electrical current is transmitted to the material by means of copper sliding contacts so that the abutting edges initiate fusion as they come into contact.
- Longitudinal Submerged Arc Welding: In LSAW, the butt joint of the pipe is welded in at least two phases, one of which is on the inside of the pipe. The welds are made by heating with an electrode arc between the bare metal electrodes. Pressure is not used. Filler metal for the welds is obtained from the electrodes.
- Spiral Submerged Arc Welding: Spiral SAW allows large diameter pipes to be produced from narrower plates or skelps. During this process, the weld pool is protected against oxidation by a flux produced from the electrode fed separately onto the weld.
Our welded pipe production facilities are located in North and South America.