Line pipe for the mining industry
Tenaris provides a variety of seamless and welded pipes for the mining industry. Different types of internal coatings are used in order to increase resistance to the abrasion caused by the movement of mineral slurry through the line.
The pipes for this sector have nominal diameters ranging from 150 to 1200 mm and thicknesses from 4.4 to 31.8 mm, and may be supplied with or without coating, depending on the needs of our customers.
- Mineral pulp
- Waste water from milling and grinding processes
- Waste water for sedimentation and treatment reservoirs
- Treated and untreated water for urban water supply systems
- Interplant transport for processing, operations and maintenance
- ASTM A-53 Gr. A, B
- ASTM A-134 and ASTM A-135
- ASMT A106 Gr. B
- ASMT A333 Gr. 1,6
- API 5L/ISO 3183 Gr. A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80
- AWWA C-200
- NBR 8261
- DIN 2440
- CSA Z245
Other standards are also available upon request.
- Paragominas project (CVRD): 244 km pipeline of 24” steel pipes (grade X70) with triple layer polyethylene external coating for the first bauxite slurry pipeline in the world.
- Germano-Ubu (Samarco Mineração): 346 km pipeline of 14” and 16” steel pipes (grade X70) with triple layer polyethylene external coating. for a slurry pipeline.
- Expansão III (Alunorte): 2,150 tons of 10” to 24” pipes for the largest alumina refinery in the world.
- Minas Rio (MMX project): 530 km pipeline of 24” and 26” steel pipes for the largest slurry pipeline in the world.