Tenaris is responsible for developing and testing the tubular materials used in many of the world's most advanced oil and gas exploration, production and processing activities and in specialized mechanical applications. In our research, we explore the boundaries of material science and mechanical design to develop products to help our customers meet their needs.
As our customers extend their operations into ever more complex environments, the need for materials that can perform reliably and safely in extreme conditions becomes critical. For major global companies that have moved beyond traditional operations to explore new fields in complex environments, Tenaris offers a partnership rich in options and solutions.
Tenaris conducts ongoing research in the following areas:
- Advanced metallurgy
- Advanced computer modeling of processes and products
- Fracture mechanics and structural integrity
- Full-scale testing of tubular products and premium connections
- Advanced corrosion testing
- Advanced non-destructive testing techniques and optical measurement devices
- Welding metallurgy and technology
- Coatings and Surfaces
- Non-Metallic Materials
- Furnaces & Heat transfer
- Rolling Technology
- Non-Destructive Inspection
- Precision Measurement Systems
Our strategy is improve the quality and range of our products, by developing alongside our customers and analyzing new trends in the sectors where they operate.
Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Japan and Mexico are home to our R&D centers. This global network collaborates with top universities and research institutions worldwide that conduct basic and applied research. Over 360 scientists and engineers, more than half of whom hold PhDs or Master's degrees, work in our centers.